Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Blessing outfit!

Almost 5 years ago, I wore this beautiful white dress on my wedding day. I holds deep sentimental meaning to me. However after that day it has just hung in a bag in my closet and moved from house to house with us. I decided I wanted to recycle this beautiful piece of my history and add more sentimental value by making a blessing romper for my sweet baby boy and will eventually make a girls dress as well! The only problem was I had never made any clothing. I am lucky to have a wonderful aunt who is always willing to help and teach!  

 Yes, I am cutting it! The first few cuts were hard, but after that it was really fun!


I had just bought a simple pattern with both boy and girl outfits!

 My least fave part of sewing cutting out the patterns. You can see since we didn't have perfect yard of fabric that we just placed the pattern on there to get most out of our fabric!

 All cut out and ready to sew!

This was right after I did my first ever gather stitch! :)
 Making progress...
 Sewing on snap tape, very tricky! I had to go real slow! **Side note make sure you put on so they snap together the correct way :)


 It's starting to look like something!!!

 Ironing the collar down and the seam in the shoulders
 The little sleeves were kind of tough, just because they were so small, but I think it turned out great!!

Final product on the cutest model ever....






I was really pleased with the way it turned out! Thank you so much Dawn; I feel so blessed to have such a kind, talented, loving aunt!! Love you!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! You did an awesome job. Natural talent. And making the cutest model ever took some real talent too. I had a great time with you. We love you too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea but I don't think I could handle cutting into my wedding dress. I think if my mother in law hadn't pretty much saved and turned my dress into something completely unique then I may be able to but right now I can't. But it's a wonderful idea and I know that your babies will treasure their blessing outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! You really did a great job!

    ReplyDelete