Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 26, 2011

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year, and we are in week 26!!!

SO I have a countdown on my igoogle home page and I only have 95 days left, until my due date! Where is time going?

We had a wonderful Christmas! The topic of traditions has been a recent one between us lately and I would LOVE to hear your guys family traditions!!!!!! Please share! All can now leave comments on this blog!

Josh and I were able to spend Christmas Eve with my family and stay the night at their home and wake up early Christmas morning to open presents with them. Watching the girls is always lots of fun! We had fun playing games, singing songs, Kendon and I liked freaking Josh out by finishing each other sentences and bursting into random songs at the same time! And the whole family enjoyed placing the Christmas Elf in spots to scare each other! I will have to post a picture of it :) We had a wonderful dinner Christmas Eve by candle light! Each year we do this and before we eat or pray we sing "Silent Night." It has been a great way to bring the Spirit to the start of our Christmas Festivities. After dinner we always open our Christmas Jammies! This year.... mine were too small, they were so cute and soft, but the buttons would not close around my protruding front, Good thing I brought extra just in case! Josh and I got some great things this year! I got the humidifier I really wanted (that makes me sound old), some great instrumental CDs and audio books, along with my long lost luxury of good smelling perfume! Josh got a bow release for hunting, gift cards for much needed jeans, and work gloves! Baby also got some books from Grandma & Grandpa Hatch! Already getting spoiled :) We knew that was unavoidable though, haha! This kid is going to be rotten!
We then had Christmas breakfast! It was really good! We had biscuits and gravy, eggs, elk steak and rabbit. Yes, not your average Christmas breakfast, but oh so delicious. It is a tradition on the Hatch side of the Family to have rabbit for Christmas breakfast! If you haven't had rabbit, it is really good! The Christmas after my grandparents got married they had nothing for Christmas breakfast! They went out a shot some rabbits and hence a tradition was born. The after playing with the kids for a few hours, Kendon and Josh napping on the couches, and everyone checking out what they got, my family was off to church and Josh and I were off to Tom & Shirley's to do Christmas with them.

Once we got to Tom & Shirely's we chatted for a bit, got things ready for company coming by later and then opened gifts. Josh and I had 2 rules this year, we didn't need a lot nor do we have space for much... so nothing expensive and we would only get a few little things we each needed! Well, Josh broke both rules! I came down stairs to find a really nice Nikon digital camera. Now this was something a few weeks back I mentioned to Josh should be our next BIG investment since we are going to having a growing family with cute babies and I want to document it. I was not thinking I was going to get that for Christmas! Josh tried to use the whole, it's for the baby excuse, but I couldn't be too upset any way. It is really nice and I really wanted to get one! It was very sweet of him! we spent the next little bit opening gifts! I got some great family pictures (8x10 prints and 5x7 prints) in frames of some of Josh's families old family photos. His mom as a baby, his grandparents wedding, etc. This is something I had asked for, I love old family history! I got a couple cool books, including Ted Nugent Kill it and Grill it, Wild Game Cookbook! :) A beautifully hand knitted beanie and scarf from Katie at work, and both fun things. My brother-in-law, sister-in-law and my niece gave us a ton of food (they are couponers) and we were excited to have these extras. I got us all a game of movie trivia.... any of you who know Tieman's know they are really good a naming and remembering movies!

That afternoon, Uncle Steve, Aunt Dawn and Colter came by and then our good friends Jex, Aubrey and baby Jentry came over. It was so fun to hang out and enjoy their company! Later that evening Jared, Becky, Kaleb and baby Tenley came over as well! There were babies every where! Very fun and excited to add one more to the mix! Jeremy, Laura, Percy (Iris), Ben, Diego, and Isaac didn't make it over due to health issues and car troubles. Jeremy had appendicitis and just had surgery on Friday. Poor guy! Grandma & Grandpa Tieman went out to see them, while Josh and I entertained the other guests!

It was a great Christmas. The best was spending time with all of our loved ones! I feel very blessed to have such amazing people in my life! I am so grateful that my baby will have such a close knit family and great forever friends! I promise their will be some pictures to come, including some baby bump! This kid it getting big!





At 26 Weeks My Baby....

Is developing air sacs. The membrane that keeps the alveoli separate from the blood vessels is now thin enough to allow for that oxygen–carbon dioxide exchange we call breathing.


Eyelids are no longer fused together and the retina completes the development of its normal layers this week.


Brainwaves for the auditory and visual systems are detectable in baby's noggin this week. That means baby's brain is registering things like sound and light.


Baby can recognize my voice and dad's voice. Josh takes time everyday to talk to our baby and man does that kid like when his/her daddy talks. I always get movement when dad talks his baby. Plus it is really cute to listen to Josh talk to our baby and tell him/her about his day :)


Baby is weighing in at a full 2 lbs and is about 14 inches long! 


As for me....

I am definitely losing room and really crunched in my own body.

I am getting those wonderful leg cramps at night.

I had a round of a tummy virus last weeks and was throwing up, not fun and kind of scary. I was just worried about baby getting nutrients he/she needed.

I am more and more happy with not know the sex of the baby! Its going to be such a wonderful surprise! Baby will be here before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment