Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Time is flying by 22, 23, 24 weeks and counting :)

Wow! So since my last post baby and I have been keeping busy! Thanksgiving was awesome! We had a special Pre-Thanksgiving dinner with my family. Aunt Amy, Kincade, Kateland, Grandpa and Rose, and Kendon all came down from Utah for a visit! :) Then on Thursday, we had our traditional turkey meal with the Tieman family! 43 members of the Bert Tieman family were in attendance!

Later that day we drove up to Parks, AZ. Josh and I, along with Josh's Uncle Steve, had tags for bull elk season this year! Man was it tough on my body. I think the elevation had something to do with all the swelling I had, especially in odd places (I will save you details, just know it wasn't pretty). Not a one of us got to tag an elk this year. The next week was Cow Elk season. Three of my sisters, Ramsay, Alisyn, and Natilee, along with Josh's cousin Jared, all had tags! Just before it got too dark on Saturday, Jared, Ramsay and Alisyn all shot a Cow Elk! Ramsay's weighed in at 160, Jared's 245 and Alisyn's was the biggest at 290! Almost 300lbs! We had a great time!

Since we have been back its been playing catch up at work, getting ready for Christmas, and trying to get into a routine again! We had babysat Kaden Olsen the last 2 nights and then tonight went to Alisyn's piano recital! She did awesome! Baby liked that music, there was definitely some dancing going on in my tummy!

Other highlights:  Josh got to feel the baby! :) I have been trying to get him to feel this little one, especially since I can feel him/her so much. I had my November appointment with the MidWife... she was laughing while trying to get a good read on the heart beat! "This kid is a mover," she said, "I can tell its in the 160's, but there is way to much movement interfering with getting a clear read." Its been that way since the beginning... makes me wonder will this kiddo have a ton of energy once he/she is born? I don't know, but we will fine out soon enough! :)

Oh, also Josh and I went to tour the hospital were we will be bringing this little one into the world, Phoenix Baptist! It was really nice and I am very excited! I can't believe how quickly time is going by! We also went and registered at Babies-R-Us! Fun!




So with baby...

  • This week baby prepares for a big cry upon arrival. The lungs begin to produce surfactant, a wetting agent that will help baby breathe correctly and keep those tiny lungs from collapsing or sticking together. Blood vessels and air sacs are developing in the lungs and will eventually exchange oxygen and circulate it to all parts of your baby's body.
  • Inner ear. This will become fully formed. Controlling balance, the inner ear means that your baby may be able to tell when he/she is upside down or right side up while floating in the amniotic fluid.
  • Touch. Baby will continue to explore her internal environment, flexing fingers and touching surroundings.
  • Baby will gain ½ pound this week alone
  • He/she currently weighs about 1lb. 5oz.
  • Baby is about 12 inches in length
  • The face has formed, ears are in place, and eyes are complete (although the lids are still closed). 
  • Baby has eyelashes, fingernails, and may be growing hair. 
  • Rapid eye movements (REM) are beginning, too.
  • Only 111 days left, until baby is due!

No comments:

Post a Comment