Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 6, 2012

8 weeks left and counting!!

Lots of fun things happening lately! Here we are just over 32 weeks! Things are looking good for mom and baby! I have had some swelling in my ankles, but nothing unbearable. I had two baby showers! Thank you to all who came! I truly feel loved and was more than spoiled. I think between both we have everything we need almost. Only big item left to purchase now is a breast pump. I am going with Medela, What have all you used and what do you think of your pump? 

We are getting excited that baby will be here in less than 2 months now! :) Parenthood, here we come! I thought all 3 of these pictures were cool! The first one makes me claustrophobic, I don't know how they do it!






  • Baby is tipping the scales at almost 4 pounds and topping out at just about 19 inches.
  • Although the lungs won't be fully developed until just before birth, your little one is busy inhaling amniotic fluid to exercise his/her lungs.
  • From 32 weeks, babies born early have good chance of surviving and thriving
  • His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.  
  • If your baby is a boy, his testicles should have descended from his abdomen into his scrotum. Sometimes, however, one or both testicles won't move into position until after birth. In two thirds of all baby boys who have descended testicles at birth, the condition corrects itself by their first birthday. 
  • Your bump will be getting quite big now, and you may find it attracts a lot of attention!  
  • Your baby is spending quite a bit of his time practicing the skills he'll need after birth, such as sucking, swallowing, and breathing
  • You might notice a change in your baby's movements this week, as he becomes more crowded in your uterus.
  • Kicks and movements might seem less powerful.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are going great! Are you planning to do breast milk alone? Breastfeeding was seriously the best thing I ever did with Liam. I loved every minute of it. That is the thing I miss most about having a little baby. That time when you sit and snuggle is so precious. I fed Liam until he was 15 months old and he weaned himself because he started walking and was too busy to sit still and eat.

    ReplyDelete