Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 24, 2011

What happened at my second appt?

Well.... First off we got to the see the baby (by we I mean my mom, my sister Alisyn, and I)! What a little mover this kid is! It was so fun to watch baby kick and move those little hands and even flip sides completely! Alisyn was amazed that I couldn't feel anything, with all the action going on inside. The tech was very good, she explained everything we were looking at. The brain looked great! The tummy (which you can see in the pictures, the little black spot) is full of amniotic fluid, which means baby is swallowing! You could also see the bladder had fluid in it, again good because that means baby's kidneys are working! We got to hear the heart again, 157 beats per minute.

When we first got in there the ultra sound tech said that there was a possibility she could tell what the baby's sex was, I told her I don't want to know the baby's sex. She then told us ok, when parents tell me they don't want to know I try to avoid looking, so that I don't know and accidentally slip. About half way through the ultra sound the tech says, "ok, I know what the baby is. I was trying not to see it, but you could." Then she asked me what I think it is, I told her I think it is a boy. Her response was more than 80% of mom's know the gender... again we will see. My mom also thinks she saw boy parts, but only time will tell. :)

It was a great ultrasound. My weight has stayed the same, good. The only thing that was not tip-top was that my blood pressure is starting to "creep up." So no salty snacks for me! Keep up that exercise and drinking lots of water! But needless to say it was a great appointment and again can't wait until I can see this little one again! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you and Josh! I added this blog to my sidebar. The title is Claudia +1. I love the idea of this blog just for your pregnancy updates. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete