Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 14, 2011

Fun at Week 16

This week we had some fun going to Fear Farm with my sisters, some of their friends and my parents! I was very proud of my mom and my sister Emily for doing some of the Haunted Houses. We had fun and it was so fun to watch the girls get scared. When we were walking in Ramsay asks, "Are pregnant ladies allowed to be scared?" Silly girl! And poor baby can hear this week so I am sure baby is wondering what kind of world it will be born into.


But some exciting things this week are happening...


1. Baby now weighs in at a whopping three to five ounces, and is 4 1/2 to 5 inches in length.


2. The bones that are now in place in the ears means baby can probably hear your voice as you talk to your partner and pals and sing in the car.


3. While baby's getting used to your voice, the tiny muscles in baby's body, especially the ones in the back, are gaining strength, so baby can straighten out a little more.


4. The eyes are finally working, making small side-to-side movements and perceiving light (although the eyelids are still sealed)


5. Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. 


6. I felt that awesome first flutter! :) Can't wait to feel this little one some more!


7. My tummy is finally getting a little bigger, but you can't really tell. I certainly can though


8. Baby's heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.


9. Your uterus is continuing to grow and weighs approximately 8 ½ ounces. Your placenta is also growing, and your body is producing an increased amount of amniotic fluid that helps protect your baby during your pregnancy. Right now your body has about 7 ½ ounces of amniotic fluid surrounding your baby.


10. I got a body pillow. I have a hard time sleeping on my side and know this is in my future, so I am trying to train myself to get comfortable that way. 


11. I also had my first baby dream. I am getting more and more excited everyday.


12. Your baby is emptying his or her bladder every 40-45 minutes. Almost like me:)


13. Fingernails and toenails are growing too. In fact, some babies need their nails clipped right after birth!


14. I am getting nasal congestion... I had no idea about this!


15. The legs are now longer than the arms, and s/he is moving those arms and legs frequently, especially since there's still lots of room to move within the uterus.


16. 11 days until my next appt, about 13 days until Josh gets to be with us again!




No comments:

Post a Comment