Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 7, 2011

19 weeks and Counting!

This weekend I got to spend time with my mom, Dawn (aunt), my other-in-law, my sister-in-law, and my niece at the Time Out for Women at the Phoenix Convention Center. It was awesome!!!! Afterward my dad, mom and Josh and I went fishing! Josh and I didn't catch a thing... my dad caught all 3 catfish that night! We had a great time!  


  • Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. 
  • Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom
  • Baby's arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. 
  • The kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. 
  • A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on the skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.
  • One minute you're lying peacefully in bed and the next your calf muscle feels like it's about to explode. 
  • By 19 weeks, your baby’s brain begins to form pockets to specialize in taste, smell, vision, hearing, and even touch.
  • Had my first Braxton Hicks contractions while at the Phoenix Time Out for Women. Worried me at first because I didn't know what they were. 
  • Baby is crazy in there! He or she is a mover! Can't wait until others can feel it too!!!
  • In one week Josh and I will get to go in for the anatomy ultrasound. :) Can't wait to see this little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment