Also Josh is HOME!!!!! He surprised me by coming home on Friday night, he drove home in one day! Crazy guy! It has been so great to have him home! Now he is busy working in Scottsdale doing Bariatric Surgery!
This week there are a few fun things happening!
- There is still space in your uterus and your baby will be active for periods at a time.
- Your baby may sit cross legged or turn somersaults.
- Baby is still between 5 ½- 6 inches long, but has gained about 2 ounces this week, equaling about 7 ounces.
- Baby may be large enough for you to feel twisting, rolling, kicking, and punching his way around the womb. (In fact baby just rolled across my tummy!)
- Plus baby is developing yawning and hiccupping skills (may start feeling those soon, too!)
- A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around the baby’s nerves, a process that will continue for a year after birth.
- If baby is a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place.
- If baby is a boy, his genitals are noticeable now.
- As mom’s tummy continues to expand you may notice stretch marks and have itchy skin.
- Your back will ache as your body adjusts to its new alignment.
FUN FACT: Did you know that studies have shown that a full 60 percent of all expectant fathers show some symptoms of pregnancy? They may experience nausea, mood swings, weight gain, and odd cravings.